Summary of student recruitment
The APT Women program serves as a role model for women who have already started or are likely to start businesses in Tokyo. The program seeks out female ventures that foster a growth orientation for women living in Tokyo and provide modern women with a new way of life in which to start a business.
The application for the logo contest has ended. Thank you very much for your many applications.
Overview of the Fifth Term Program
- National program
- On-line mentoring by mentors, event-based programs (workshops), lecture-based programs (seminars), and pitch meetings (networking through pitch implementation) (September 10 to November 25, 2020 (planned))
- Overseas online program
- An online program is scheduled to be held in New York and Singapore for start-up staff and facilities (details not yet determined in January 2021).
* Due to the impact of COVID-19, the dispatch will be suspended this fiscal year.
- Presentation of business activities at kick-off events and briefing events
- The above is subject to change without notice.
- Main Application Requirements
Main application requirements are as below. There are no restrictions on industry type. We are looking forward to receiving many applications from women entrepreneurs aspiring to grow their business.
Those falling under the following criteria may apply:
A female company representative of a small-to-medium-sized business within 10 years after its establishment (this category includes companies older than 10 years but have released a new product or service within a period of less than 10 years), or a woman planning to start a business in Tokyo.
- Includes incorporated associations, limited liability companies (godo kaisha), Includes individual business owners and NPO's. This program is limited to those whose business is based in Tokyo, or will expand their business in Tokyo.
The applicants whose company is NOT receiving other publically funded support at the expected time of program participation September 6, 2019.
- The parson who are receiving other pubulically supprt; supporting program for venture companies including overseas dispatch program etc, is NOT covered in this program. In some cases, there is an possibility that you can apply for this selection, so please contact us for more information.
- Those who are able to participate in the domestic acceleration program (online participation for part of the program is permitted).
- Those who are growth-oriented and are willing to complete the program.
- Companies that do NOT run contrary to public order and morality, and which are NOT deemed inappropriate for the Tokyo Metropolitan Government to support.
- Those who are willing to collaborate in projects related to entrepreneurship support by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Those who be able to attend some must-attend programs, kick-off event, accomplishment report event, for example.
- A female company representative of a small-to-medium-sized business within 10 years after its establishment (this category includes companies older than 10 years but have released a new product or service within a period of less than 10 years), or a woman planning to start a business in Tokyo.
- Application Period for the 4th Cohort Program
Based on the examination criteria, the review committee composed of external experts will examine and select applicants. Applicants will be announced through the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and administrative office homepage. The administrative office will also notify all applicants the application results. Examination standards are as below.
- Feasibility, continuity and future prospects of the company’s business development in Japan and overseas.
- Originality and competitiveness of the company’s business model and technology.
- The passion, competence, diversity, and growth potential of the program applicant.
- Fifth Period Program Period
- Offering period
- July 14 (Tuesday) to August 6 (Thursday) 2020, at 23:59
- Notification of the results of the primary examination
- Implementation of the Stage 2 Examination
- August 18 (Tuesday), interview and presentation
* The program is scheduled to take place online.
* Individual start times will be contacted.
- Notification of results
- Late August
- Necessary Documents
- An entry sheet should be filled out and uploaded in Microsoft Word format which is downloadable from the APT Women website
- Presentation material（Material structure is optional. Please keep the presentation material 10 sheets or less of A4 size, submitted in PDF format. File size is 1MB or more, and 5MB or less.）
- Facial photograph of applicant(File size is 1MB or more, and 5MB or less.(horizontal:570px, vertical:370px or more.))
- Company Logo（Format is ai or jpg. File size is 1MB or more, and 5MB or less. ）
- Submission of the presentation material is mandtory for all program applicants. Those selected for the second stage assessment will be asked to make a presentation using the presentation material.
- The contents of second stage are a presentation in 5 minutes and an interview.
APT Women Administration Office
*This program are run by Deloitte Tohmatsu Venture Support Co., Ltd.
Contact time：10:00～17:00 (Weekday)
- (Note) Regarding management of personal information
- Information obtained by the administrative office is managed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government concerning the protection of personal information, and with the personal information protection regulations of Deloitte Tohmatsu Venture Support Co., Ltd. We will not disclose or share your personal information to third parties or other outsourcing parties without your consent unless required by law or other legal procedures.